We are ‘Experts by Experience’ and our ADHD Support Group sessions are a safe place for anyone interested in ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), in ANY way, to share experiences and learn more about:
- What ADHD is
- How ADHD affects peoples every day life
- Ways to manage ADHD symptoms
- How to seek medical help for ADHD
- The Facts and Fiction that surround ADHD
- What the various UK ADHD third sector (charitable organisations) are doing to spread awareness that will improve the lives of those affected by ADHD
These sessions are *FREE OF CHARGE and a chance to talk to us and other participants about the many aspects of ADHD.
* There is an initial ticket charge of £4 to attend although a FULL refund will be made when you attend. We had a situation whereby all our support groups sold out then, on the night, only 50% of those ticketed actually attended. This deprived others needing support of the chance to attend.
When and Where?
We currently run THREE support groups between 19:00 (7 PM) and 20:30 (8:30 PM):
- Online Support Group (Microsoft Teams) – 2nd Tuesday of the month
- Southampton Support Group (Face to Face, ASDA – Marlands) – 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Portsmouth Support Group (Face to Face, SPARK Community Space, Fratton Way) – 4th Tuesday of the month
UPDATE (2nd August 2023): We are finalising arrangements to run a fourth support group in Fareham for the Fareham/Gosport community – Watch this space
Who will benefit?
- Anyone who suspects that they have ADHD and also wants to find out more about what ADHD is
- Anyone looking for advice and support around ADHD assessment / diagnosis
- Those knowing someone who could have or has ADHD and wants to learn more about ways to support them
- Parents wanting to better understand and support children who could have or have ADHD
- Anyone diagnosed with ADHD needing support and also wanting to talk about their journey with others affected by ADHD; in a supportive setting where they are accepted, understood and encouraged
How can I attend one of the support groups?
To reserve your place, register *free of charge at our Eventbrite page, places are limited and valuable – also please tell us, in advance, if you can no longer attend so that someone else has the opportunity to attend instead.
You can also find our support groups by visiting the Tim Kiver Foundation – Facebook Page Events section
What are our support groups like?
Our support groups are intentionally informal and all three groups are friendly and welcoming. You can simply listen to other participants or share your own thoughts and experiences, whichever is most comfortable for you. We all have different perspectives on ADHD and the conversations normally cover many aspects of ADHD. Participants do ask questions and most of the time, those questions are answered. If they aren’t, we will find the answers for you outside of the group meeting.
Please take a look at our Support Group Etiquette PDF document here.
The key to providing a more inclusive and supportive setting for anyone affected by ADHD is CAUSE (Compassion, Acceptance, Understanding, Support and Encouragement) – lets move forward together and be the CAUSE of change for the better.
See you there